How to Add Custom Fields to Invoices and Reports in QuickBooks
1. Go to Customer Center and double-click on any customer.
2. Select the Additional Info tab and Define Fields
3. Enter the auto information for all your customers
You can also add the custom field to your invoices:
1. Go to Customers -> Create Invoices
2. Click on Customize button
3. Select Additional Customization
4. Click on the two boxes next to your custom field (should be toward the bottom of the list)
You can also use the custom field to customize reports:
1. Select one of the List reports (Customer Phone List is a good one)
2. Click on Modify Report
3. In the Display box, remove phone and add customer type
This article is provided for informational purposes and is not intended to be construed as legal, accounting, or other professional advice. For further information, please consult appropriate professional advice from your attorney and certified public accountant.