Job Report Listing Checks Written and Unpaid Bills in QuickBooks
1. Unless it's a minor report modification, I usually start with a Custom Summary or Transaction Detail report. Use a transaction detail report if you want a listing of transactions, like checks, bills, etc. Use a summary report if you're looking for account totals. For the first report you're looking for, I'd use a Custom Transaction Detail Report.
2. Click on the Modify Report button.
3. On the Display tab, select All for Dates and Customer for Total by.
4. On the Filters tab, select Transaction Type and select Checks.
5. You can add Unpaid Bills by selecting Multiple Transaction Types and adding Bills. Then select Paid Status and select Open.
You can also select which columns you want to see on the report on the Display tab, and change the name of the report, fonts. etc. on the other tabs.
Just remember to memorize the report once you've modified it exactly the way you want, so you can use it whenever you like. You can also add it to your Icon Bar by going to View -> Add [report name] to Icon Bar when the report is open.
This article is provided for informational purposes and is not intended to be construed as legal, accounting, or other professional advice. For further information, please consult appropriate professional advice from your attorney and certified public accountant.