How to Do Progress Invoicing in QuickBooks for Contractors
1. First, turn on progress invoicing (Edit > Preferences > Jobs & Estimates > Company Preferences)
2. Create an estimate (Customers > Create Estimates)
3. Create an invoice from the estimate by clicking the Create Invoice button at the top of the estimate
4. You are given the choice to create an invoice for the entire uninvoiced amount remaining on the estimate, a percentage of the entire estimate, or different percentages for each item
5. If needed, you can use various job cost reports, such as the Job Estimates vs. Actual report to compare your actual costs to your estimated costs, in order to determine the percentage of the job completed
This article is provided for informational purposes and is not intended to be construed as legal, accounting, or other professional advice. For further information, please consult appropriate professional advice from your attorney and certified public accountant.