Yippee! The R7 update was just released for QuickBooks Point of Sale v10. I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet, but I can confirm that Search is now working. Here are the other changes and improvements. You can download in-product by going to Help > Software Updates > Check for Updates or download it manually at: http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/pages/Executable/POSv10/WebQBPOSPatch_V10r7.exe
Visit our webstore for huge savings on QuickBooks!
- Items such as Gift Cards, Gift Certificates and Redeemed Rewards now show in the Customer history.
- Status (open, closed, pending, etc.) for Customer Orders now visible in the Customer History.
- Receipt totals in customer history will now show two decimal places on whole dollar amounts.
- Fixed an issue where the history for customer would display incorrectly after using the Search function on the Home Page.
- Fixed an issue where newly entered data does not show up in lists after running a Data Cleanup.
- Enhanced the ability to exit POS from the File Menu after cancelling the login screen during startup.
- Improved Quick Find functionality after updates are installed.
- Now able to open Excel attachments that have been emailed without the "file is corrupt" message.
- Added the ability to apply a custom filter with saving the filter by first using a unique name.
- Corrected display issues when using Unit of Measure where the base regular price would show incorrectly.
- Expanded the date field on the edit item window to show the full date and year.
- Fixed an issue where a newly created customer does not show up in the receipt after completing a mailbag exchange when using the Intuit Service method of file transfer.
- Fixed an issue when setting up Desktop mailbag exchange – Error 175400. The email address is not valid.
- Fixed an issue where creating new styles from within a document results in the previous item style's information being pulled into the new item style.
- Fixed an issue where a Purchase Order opens blank from the Purchase Order list after it has been created
- Enhanced the way discount percentage and original price display when giving a line item discount.
- Fixed an issue where the Account dialog window does not close and the amount does not update properly when accepting tips on an account payment.
- Give Discount amount now properly applied when using the pressing Enter on the keyboard.
- Improved Bar Code Scanning functionality when used in conjunction with large data files.
- Tip amount for sales transactions now shows in the sale history.
- Fixed an issue causing the MasterCard number to improperly display after payment approval.
- Added a new field for discount amount to the qty/price dialog on receipts.
- Added Num Pad functionality for entering tips when Touchscreen features are enabled.
- Improved the way newly selected columns display in lists.
- Improved keyboard functionality by allowing the ESC key to escape out of vouchers and receipts.
- Improved ability to add new customers from the receipt window by auto-filling the name typed before selecting "add new".
- The history for credit card payments now shows the Auth # and Ref #.
- Selecting a receipt from customer history that is older than 30 days no longer fails.
- The F6 keyboard shortcut now works in Vouchers.
- Added the ability to change a voucher data from the I Want To menu.
- Enhanced performance in load time when changing the Dashboard report to a default other than Total Sales.
- Fixed the issue which caused the Vendor Custom fields to not display properly or not display at all.
This article is provided for informational purposes and is not intended to be construed as legal, accounting, or other professional advice. For further information, please consult appropriate professional advice from your attorney and certified public accountant.
Written by +Ruth Perryman, CMA, CFE, CFM, MBA
Ruth is the president of The QB Specialists, an Intuit Premier Reseller that offers huge savings and expert advice on QuickBooks POS and QuickBooks Enterprise. She is an Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor and a member of Intuit’s Trainer/Writer Network. She is also certified in QuickBooks POS and QuickBooks Enterprise and has provided expert QuickBooks help to thousands of businesses all over the world since 1996.
Web Store | Price List | Free Trials | Newsletter