Free Pilot of QuickBooks Online Accountant Now Available
“Because of the rapid growth of QuickBooks Online customers, we wanted to provide accounting professionals with a product that included all the client data and accounting tools they needed in one place to better service their online clients,” said Samir Khosla, director of product management for the Intuit Accounting Professionals Division. “Now with QuickBooks Online Accountant, accounting professionals can further streamline their workflow and counsel their clients from anywhere, anytime they have internet access, resulting in more billable time.”
QuickBooks Online grew 40 percent last year and is now used by more than 280,000 small businesses. With this growth, more and more small businesses also are looking to accountants for support. Accounting professionals can now serve these clients’ needs promptly and provide accurate updates and information right away without having to go back to the office or log into their desktop software.
Expanding Client Service Beyond Office Walls
With QuickBooks Online Accountant, practitioners can prepare and reconcile accounts, spot irregularities, find and fix client errors, clean up client books, and create reports faster than ever before. Some of the key QuickBooks Online Accountant features are:
- Access Key Features and Reports. The Accountant Center provides access to the features and reports used most, as well as how-to tips, messages and alerts from Intuit.
- Reconciling in a Snap. See a snapshot reconciliation of all accounts, troubleshoot prior reconciliations to easily detect changes, and undo prior reconciliations if needed.
- Reclassify Transactions in Batch. Find transactions that have an incorrect account or class and reclassify them all in one step.
- Write off Bad Debt in Batch. Select and write off a group of invoices to the account you specify in one step.
- Find Missing Transactions Without Searching for Them. Through the Voided/Delete Transactions report, the user will know which transactions have ben voided or deleted within a selected date range.
- Make Year-End Adjustments Easily. The Adjusting Journal Entries easily handles any adjustments in the books, including depreciation and tax adjustments.
- Help Clients Plan. Compare current balances to prior periods with the new Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss comparison reports.
The QuickBooks Online Accountant Pilot program is available now. Accounting Professionals can join the Pilot program for free by going to http://accountant.intuit.com/qboa. Pricing will be published at the time the product is launched commercially.
This article is provided for informational purposes and is not intended to be construed as legal, accounting, or other professional advice. For further information, please consult appropriate professional advice from your attorney and certified public accountant.